Posts Tagged ‘project 3’
For my topic, Sloth, I chose to focus on typography and how the art of creating type has dwindled from artistry to simplicity. I chose to animate how a Blackletter ‘S’ would would sketched out, inked, and then filled in. Then it transforms to a computer screen with a cursor blinking to spell out the word ‘sloth’ in sans-serif type. This represents how typography has gone from a full-time occupation to a thing we all take for granted. Generations today who use technology don’t realize the time and effort it takes to create a typeface and how it affects our daily lives. The end takes you to a youtube link about the history of typography, which I think is appropriate for the importance of typography.
I added a tab to hold my music player on the lower right hand side of the video. This helps keep the clean look I have, by hiding all the buttons until the user wants to stop, play, or adjust the volume of the song. I chose the song, by Yo la Tengo because I felt it fit the mood of my design and was nice and chill. Since the music plays on load, I wanted users to be able to turn the music on or off quickly, which is why I made the tab green to stand out a little bit with the sound icon. For those who are enjoying the song, they can turn the volume up to hear it better.
I hope this ends up working. I couldn’t figure out where/how to upload the .xml file for my music player. So it probably won’t work on here. But it does work on the regular file. At least it is showing it in the proper size this time.
I haven’t had the chance to edit some of the things from the last part of the project since I have had flash for like 2 1/2 days! That normally prevents one from working on a flash project.
Addition of Video and Music
For my use of video and music I added video to the television and music to the radio. I had to edit the buttons to make them fit with the style and with the necessary buttons for the the two players to work. I also wanted them to been relatively simple to use. The target viewer probably won’t have any trouble getting the music or video to play. I really already had the setting for the two players set up prior, so it was just a matter of adding the fancy code to make it all work.
The video tutorial from this blog and this post on Republic of Code for the music player.